Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A certain majesty....

I first saw the State Capitol just a few months after I moved to Wisconsin.....I had been in "other" state Capitol buildings before but that didn't detract from the feeling of .....well...majesty...about the building.....


I was there again today...and I took a few minutes to do some things that I always enjoy.


I stood on the floor of the Senate Chambers. It was empty but I could hear the earnest voices of our past statesmen...passionately arguing for the ideals that made us the beacon of light in the progressive world...


I stood at the "bar" of the Supreme Court and imagined the eloquent arguments on fine points of law.....


I sat through a hearing on a bill on cable communications...and watched the process of law-making in all its splendor...with warts and all....


Yeah....It's pretty impressive....after all these years I'm still in awe that it actually works.

No comments: