Wednesday, March 21, 2007

About that "reasonable" offer...

okay, okay, okay.....I KNOW I'm procrastinating....but I've just got to get this off my chest.....

Bush claimed in his press conference (the Rude pundit calls it something else...rudely) that he had made a "reasonable offer to the Democratic controlled Congress to allow Harriet Meirs and KKKarl Rove to testify. Really reasonable....

No oaths to be taken
Done behind Closed doors...
No transcripts of the hearing....

I used to work in the agricultural industry and I KNOW THE SMELL OF BULLSHIT ...and this IS BULLSHIT.

TBogg snarks it better than I do:

Bush said:

"If the Democrats truly do want to move forward and find the right
information, they ought to accept what I proposed," Bush said. "If scoring
political points is the desire, then the rejection of this reasonable proposal
will really be evident for the American people to see."

and Tbogg responds:


No oath, no transcript.
Just a little chat over Zimas and everything will be right as rain.

Jesus on Jeopardy, not even Doug Feith is that stupid.

As of around 10:30 this morning, the Democrats in the House of Representatives, proved they were indeed smarter than Doug Feith..here's the link

and the lede paragraph:

WASHINGTON - A House panel on Wednesday defied the White House and authorized subpoenas for President Bush’s political adviser, Karl Rove and other top aides, setting up a constitutional showdown over the firings of eight federal prosecutors.

This constitutional showdown has been brewing for a long time folks....hop in, buckle up and HOLD ON....it's gonna be quite a ride....

Okay....back to CEUS

1 comment:

LoLo said...

I assure you that I am all buckled up, eagerly anticipating the wild ride! This brand new idea of oversight is definitely more fun than before Nov. of '07!