Monday, April 16, 2007

To our Brothers and Sisters in Wisconsin Rapids


I'm guilty as charged....


of geocentrism anyway....


Sometimes I get so wrapped up in what's going on in my own neighborhood, I forget that there are equally important things going on in other neighborhoods....like Wisconsin Rapids.


I was doing a follow-up on a story this morning when I "bopped" over to the Wisconsin Rapids Tribune site, over to their editorial page and up on the blog....


Holy S***!


You guys in 'Rapids are busy......!


There's the whole School Board controversy which I only partially understand (our own Jennifer P is acting Board President after the resignation of Pankratz)....and then there's the Sheriff (Our own Sheriff Tom) proposal to do away with the "Huber Jail"...and go to electronic monitoring...and that has touched some raw nerves.


I read a lot of blogs and I've got to tell you....that's some NASTY stuff going on over those blogs....as is my personal policy, I've never registered on the "Trib" site and won't post there....


I had no idea. It's also interesting that issues like the Huber/Electronic monitoring issue don't make front page news in this part of the county......why not?


Can you Woodco Dems give me a "heads up" when some of these issues come along? Maybe (if it's a county-wide issue) we can join forces?


No comments: