Sunday, November 19, 2006

It's late on Saturday night.....

and I'm surfing the web in a way that makes me wonder if I really have a life at all. At least a life outside of politics.

Some fun stuff on the web though, like:

I know there are probably dozens and dozens of analogies we can make of the proverbial "wolf in sheep's clothing" but at the moment, I'll only enjoy the picture without attributing it to anybody...like Joe Lieberman for example.




And then there's this disturbing picture of George W. Bush in Viet Nam...Whenever he gets around beautiful, or at least attractive Asian women, he absolutely leers....I posted a picture of him with Nancy Kwann a little while ago...actually a series of pictures of him looking like the worst "dirty old man" I've ever seen.

Anyway here's the other picture...

There were also a few blog entries about Dubya's behavior in Viet Nam. There was even a blog entry comparing his visit with that of Bill Clinton. The most obvious difference is that crowds filled the streets to see Clinton and he was more than willing to mingle with them. He was treated like a rock star, while Dubya, on the other hand, couldn't bring himself to come out of the hotel room except on one occasion for any non-official function.

Oh yeah, the one occasion he did come out for? A fifteen minute trip to the MIA center. There have been a few web comments about his visit where the bloggers expressed disdain for Bush while he visited the center because of his facial expressions in the "official" photographs. I won't go that far....I can't actually see into Dubya's heart and I am not an accomplished mind reader so I really don't know what he was thinking or feeling and I won't project my dislike for the man to attribute things to him that I really don't know. I can only compare his trip to Clinton's...when Clinton visited he actually joined in the sifting of soil for the bones of MIAs.....Bush did not.....

Take care....post comments....

note: I did manage to find a non-obtrusive (read advertising free) blog manager so I can check in on our blog and see what kind of traffic we're actually getting....I was a bit surprised when our first day of tracking revealed we had no less than 30 hits from around 3pm to midnight last night. There's a lot more traffic than "posters" so if you really want to get a message out feel free to click on "comments" and add an "anonymous" comment ...you can sign it if you want but blogger will force you to sign on as anonymous

No comments: