Monday, May 22, 2006

We ARE the Democratic Party...

I have a relative who constantly insists that my frequent excursions into the "blogosphere" have made me lose touch with the "real world", or, at least, the Real Democratic Party. My defenses have been not as articulate as they should be but there is one among us, Stephen C. Day, who has expressed quite articulately just exactly who we, the netroots, really are.

This is probably the finest article I've seen yet. Read it here

and a snippet or two for your pleasure.......

I can time the exact moment when I concluded that the Hillary Express isn’t as unstoppable as some think. It was the same moment when I realized that the Clinton team believes they can win by running to the “right” of the netroots. “My God,” I whispered to myself, “they don’t get it. They really don’t get it.” And they don’t.

snip

Whatever fairytale certain parts of the Democratic establishment want to cling to notwithstanding, Internet dwelling Democrats aren’t some scary group of mutants; they’re the spitting image of the rest of the Democratic base, just with a few more gizmos attached.

snip

And sure we’re angry, but then so is just about every other Democrat I know — angry because a president who didn’t really win an election in 2000, has used a mandate he never had, to do more damage to this great country than any other president in history; you bet we’re angry.

Take some time to read the whole article....

btw: just an aside: Big Weddings suck!

e

1 comment:

LoLo said...

Great article, and I enjoyed your comments on it, as well, Ed.