Monday, September 04, 2006

Hi Ho ...come to the FAIR!

I readily admit that I am not one who would go the a County/State Fair if I didn't have to....I've just never been a fan of fairs...not even in my youth did I enjoy a county fair...

but.......

Recently there has been one, strong, over-riding, compelling reason to go....

Because that's where the PEOPLE ARE!!!

doh..........

Anyway I was there twice in the last two days and spent an awful lot of time just talking to people. I had a particularly long conversation with an officer in the local Republican Party and I am pleased to report to you that he is NEITHER an A**hole nor Neanderthal....in fact, we had a great discussion.

I also noticed something a bit different about this year at the Fair...there was a distinct ABSENCE of harrassing members of the other party...I noticed one yesterday but during my four-hour shift today there wasn't a single, belligerent, in-your-face opponent. Amazing.

I also had the opportunity to work with some great people from the FAIR WISCONSIN group. They are among the most knowledgeable and deidcated persons I've had the pleasure to work with.

Oh yeah....did I mention that Governor JIM DOYLE was there yesterday? Well, he was and you know what...he said he would come to visit us and he did....he kept his promise....also with him was our own Amy-Sue Vruwink and Mayor Mike Meyers of Marshfield.

If you're a "people person", working a booth at the fair is a kick.....viewing the rest of the Fair? Well, not so much...for me anyway

No comments: