Saturday, September 09, 2006

Fighting Bob Fest

I just returned from another energizing, motivating Fighting Bob Fest in Baraboo. Last year, Amy Goodman of Democracy Now! fame cancelled to be in New Orleans during the aftereffects of the hurricane, but she made a most welcome appearance this year and gave a long but riveting speech. I bought her new book, got her autograph, and shook her hand. She then asked me if I watched her and I got to tell her that I used to until our city attorney drew up a legal contract that no one in his right mind would ever sign. At this point, she grabbed her cell phone and summoned her outreach director. He appeared, heard my story, and gave me his card with all the contact information necessary in case we wish to lodge a complaint. I was really impressed that a busy celebrity would take the time to listen to me and try to help.

As we left the parking lot to return home, we spied our favorite bumper sticker of the day. It read as follows: When Fascism comes to America, it will arrive draped in the flag, and carrying a cross. Sinclair Lewis

1 comment:

Ed said...

YAY LOLO!

I'm so happy to hear that you got to meet Amy and that you told her what happened to Democracy Now! in Marshfield.....

Eleanor would be proud indeed!

e