Thursday, August 23, 2007

Hidden Message?

I sort of chuckled at this post from Bill at Portland Maine over at Kos this morning.





He's quoting from a book called Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey. There are some great quotes from it but this one tops my list of favorites:





The future of civilization: I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they choose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas.





Chihuahuas with good ideas? Now which one of the Democratic Candidates for President could he be talking about? Hmmmmmmm let me see.....





What I consider amusing is how many of my fellow liberals/progressives have said to me "You know, I LIKE what Dennis is saying, I just wish he wasn't so Insert your own here: unelectable/short/idealistic/vocal."

There is also a small, inside-the-family joke here....in our household we have admired Dennis' persistence and have occasionally referred to him as a "little ankle-biter who just refuses to go away." He is. And he won't go away.


No comments: