Friday, February 16, 2007

Sorry I missed the meeting...






I did, however, engage in good, honest Democratic Party work last night...




One of the items that came out of the meeting I attended last night was a reminder that we have a PRIMARY ELECTION on February 20th that a lot of people have forgotten....It's a primary for State Supreme Court and if you think it doesn't matter, you're very, very mistaken. If you listened to the candidates on the radio (Joy Cardin's show on Wisconsin Public Radio) you know that one of the candidates is the favorite of the conservative party and another is favored by our side of the ledger. In fact, Senator Russ Feingold has endorsed Linda Clifford so that should give you an idea.I liked what Linda had to say on the radio and felt comfortable that she would apply the law fairly and equitably if elected. Here's her campaign site in case you want to know more about her. I know that these elections are supposed to be "nonpartisan" but I'm hearing the sound of the partisan "dog whistles" (activist judges, greedy trial lawyers, etc ) coming from one of the campaigns and it isn't pretty...to see what I'm talking about take a look at some of the letters supporting her opponent...here. Her opponent is starting radio and TV ads this week so you'll see some action but off-year primaries are notorious for LOW VOTER TURNOUT and this election doesn't look much different. There is a lot at stake so be sure to get out and vote and get all your friends out there too.











I understand Dave and Lolo had a good laugh or two on me last night but that's okay......ask LoLo about her book club...

No comments: