Tuesday, May 16, 2006

busy, busy, busy, busy....


I've been figuratively "up to my neck in alligators" for what seems like forever so I haven't been able to post or keep up on things as much as normal. I'll try to post some "headlines" now.....

Don't forget Kathleen Falk!

Kathleen is going to speak to us as the first item on the agenda on Thursday night. I haven't heard her speak before but others have told me that she's quite impressive. I am informed that radio coverage from Marshfield/Rapids will be there for her presentation.
Executive Board Meeting too....
Don't forget that the Executive Board will meet at 5:30 at the Legion Hall. Dave says we have a lot of things to kick around.
CONVENTION TIME!!
The State Convention is in LaCrosse on June 9 and 10. I'm really looking forward to seeing our Democratic Friends from all over the State. It's also fun to watch the floor debates on the resolutions. I think there are still some "slots" for delegates open so be sure to talk to Dave about attending.
Oh yeah, one more thing....the Wisconsin "blogosphere" and "Netroots" folks who normally gather on several blog sites will be getting together around 10PM on Friday night, the 9th. Last year's meetup was great fun....made even more fun because of the conservative/republican tavern owner where we gathered. All who blog here are welcome.....even if you just read the blog you're welcome.
I'll just leave this thread as "open" so you can jump in and add any comments you think necessary.
See you thursday night....
on edit: about that picture......my brother sent this to me courtesy of a friend who was a crew chief with the "Blues" .....I thought it depicted speed and movement....and also I just like the picture.

2 comments:

LoLo said...

Your "Busy,........" title sounds like the story of my life lately. Anyhow, thanks for the post and for inviting all of us novice and wannabe bloggers to the get-together. Meanwhile,like a vulture. I circle the house, frantically flying between TV and Web,whettting my craven appetite for the red meat of the KRove demise. If I don't catch a whiff of the scent soon, I shall surely starve!

Ed said...

I know what you mean.....I'm waiting impatiently....between trips to City hall and the grocery store I run back to the house and punch up "Raw Story" of firedoglake to see what has happened while I'm away.

In the meantime, Jason Leopold, who broke the story and the "Sweetheart of Democratic Underground", Will Pitt are being savaged by those who feel that Jason and Will have screwed up the story....the vitriol is especially thick toward Jason who once before jumped the gun on a story. I guess it's the democrats favorite sport....forming a circular firing squad.

btw....couldn't help myself...had to be the skunk at the picnic again.....

E
s