Sunday, May 28, 2006

Baghdad ER

I managed to catch Baghdad ER on HBO.

It was everything LoLo described.

I think I was struck by the dedication of the medical personnel. As much as I dislike the mere idea that we are at war in Iraq...or whatever it is if it isn't war....I'm glad that there are excellent, dedicated medical personnel there to do what they can for those who are injured or wounded. I shudder to think how many "fewer" servicemen and women would be coming home if it were not for these professionals..

Gorey?

Yes, yes it was. But you know what? I think I've seen as much blood and gore on HBO presented for the purpose of "entertainment". In other words, I think I'm becoming less and less sensitive to the sights that were presented.

In short, I think the documentary reinforced what I have felt from the very beginning of this war.

LOVE THE WARRIOR
HATE THE WAR.
E

No comments: