Thursday, January 19, 2006

Get is Straight! The Abramoff Scandal is a REPUBLICAN Scandal

By the time my wife came home from her job last night, I could hardly talk. My voice was almost gone from screaming at the TV set. Didn't matter which channel I watched; didn't matter whether it was cable tv or network (I assume satellite wouldn't have made a difference either, but then I don't have satellite) the talking heads were all pounding the same line, right out of the White House talking points memo. Here's the line:

Abramoff gave money to DEMOCRATS AND Republicans.

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz WRONG!!!

Probably the best explanation comes from one of my favorite Bloggers, Jane Hamser at firedoglake. Here's here site:

http://firedoglake.blogspot.com/

Jane has been having a running argument with the Ombudsperson at the Washington Post over her claims that the this is a "bipartisan" scandal. I commented to Jane that she spelled out the differences so clearly and simply that it bordered on the "See Spot Run." genre.

Anyway it's well worth the read.

e

1 comment:

LoLo said...

Hi Ed,

Just wanted to let you know that I have been reading your blog articles faithfully. I especially enjoyed this one about the Abramoff scandal being a Republican scandal. I couldn't agree more. I haven't been keeping up with my part of the blog--too busy on the phone sorting out new Medicare drug prescription plans and related hassles. Look for a saga on my rather frustrating but humorous quest for drug coverage in the near future.

Lolo