Friday, April 13, 2007

First, last and ONLY words about Don Imus

I wondered for years how long Imus was going to be able to get away with the racist, misogynist bullshit he and his adolescent suck-ups spewed on his show every morning.....I had stopped watching it years ago but through the blogs, every once in a while you'd run across a post that said, "Wow! Can you believe what Imus just said?", or, possible something like, "Don Imus is a s**thead and should be thrown off the airwaves".

I suspect, but can't confirm since I was by no means a regular consumer of his lame-ass humor, that as his ratings began to tank, he and his troop began to reach for more and more outrageous behavior in order to shore up or maybe even bolster their ratings.

But here's a surprise.

MSNBC and CBS didn't fire Imus until the advertisers started pulling out.

In other words Imus' biggest sin wasn't his racist, misogynistic remarks, it was that HE LOST MONEY FOR THE NETWORKS.

There are "shock jocks" who do far worse than Imus who will continue to get away with it. You have to consider the delicious irony of CNN having Glenn Beck on the Anderson Cooper 360 show to chastise Imus for behavior that is mild compared to the crap that Beck pulls on CNN every single day...

I dislike Imus immensely, but will admit that he's only a sacrificial lamb.

Worse yet, I think we're starting a trip down the proverbial slippery slope and I have no clue where it will end up.

Yeah....sure....good riddence to bad rubbish and all that crap....but I think we're in trouble anyway.

No comments: