Friday, December 15, 2006

Slow news day...

It sounds like the blogosphere is slowing down for the Christmas Season.....not too much outrage on the net right now....There's a little "carping" about Rumsfeld's going away party....Cheney calling him the "best Secretary of Defense," ...EVAH! The free republic types seem to be echoing the same. I haven't had the nerve to tune in to Pammy over at Atlas Shrugs....The angst might be more than I could take since she's lost both of her heroes (John Bolton AND the Rumster) insert barfing icon here......

I've been working on some thoughts about where the party is heading and how I think we should get to that place but I warn you, it's long and if you're not "into" political philosophy it could be quite boring. As always, the tricky part of political philosophy is translating it into meaningful, practical steps to implement the thoughts and intentions. That is, of course, where the "politics" comes in. It is politics that gets people to "buy in" to the thoughts and intentions and to join forces to work toward them.

I'll stop before I bore you to tears......

Of course, I know that all of us in Wood County Dems are praying for the health and full recovery of Senator Johnson of South Dakota. Some might call that cynical or self-serving but as Dems we've always been a compassionate lot and will continue to be such even if our Republican Brethern (sic) accuse us of being self-serving.

Don't forget that the December 21 meeting is our annual Christmas get-together....bring a dish or snack to pass. I'm informed that Dave may not make it to the party because of a family commitment....we'll just "muddle on" without him. (More snacks for us) Big John will be at the helm again......

No comments: