Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sunday Morning Talking Heads

Caught the tail-end of "This Week". Fortunately I missed the part where Bush* was on but I did catch on the blogs that he denied that he's ever held out "stay the course" as a policy in Iraq. I'm glad I didn't see it or I would have probably damaged my tv by throwing something at it. I saw George Will, Cokie Roberts and Sam Donaldson in the roundtable and noticed that Will was almost (but not quite) saying that Republicans deserve to be defeated because they have abandoned...well, ...Republicanism...wtf

I saw Barack Obama on Meet The Press...I'm upset that the mainstream/corporate/conservative press is pushing Obama for President. In fact, there was a post last week where both a Democratic AND Republican consultant recommended and urged Obama to seek the Democratic Nomination....I don't know about you but I'm not enthused about Republicans and Corporate Media choosing my candidates for me....Barack Obama is....is...is...

I don't know what or who Barack Obama is just yet.

I don't think he has been field-tested to determine the metal of which he is made. He needs to be put in the crucible of public life and tested. He let Timmy Russert flatter him into admitting that he is at least "thinking" about running for President in '08. I wish he wouldn't. I think 2012 is better....much better...because by then we (not to mention the rest of the country) will know Barack Obama well....well enough to decide if we want him as our President.

I'll try to get the pictures up later today....don't have access to the scanner just yet...using the laptop and wireless at the moment...

Got the first glimpse of ROTARY LIGHTS in Wildwood Park when I got home around 8:30 last night...I'm not impressed.

note: at this moment Packers and Dolphins are scoreless...

e

No comments: