Friday, April 07, 2006

Uncanny Resemblence

I was pretty busy yesterday and didn't get a chance to capture the blog photographs of the man who stood up and challenged Bush in North Carolina yesterday. In case you missed the story, here's a linky-thing.

A poster on Democratic Underground.com found a striking resemblence between this man and a Norman Rockwell painting and pasted them together for comparisom.

Pretty scary huh?

Actually, when I saw it, I got a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye.

Like many of you I was raised in classrooms with those prints hanging on the wall. There were several of them ,if I recall, depicting the freedoms spelled out in the Bill of Rights but the picture on the right, depicting Freedom of Speech, and another depicting Freedom of Worship are the two I remember most vividly.

Those pictures harken us to remember the time when we learned how prescious and sacred our rights are and how we need to be constantly viligent to guard them from assaults by demagogues and would-be usurpers coming to us in the guise of "protectors".

Lump in the throat?

Tear in the eye?

You bet.

e

No comments: