Sunday, June 04, 2006

News and Rumors

Unbelieveable.....

my first post was at 8:54 this morning.....and it has DISAPPEARED!

Blogspot strikes again.....I'll try to recreate this morning's post....

First the rumors:

Rumors
Note: I am repeating what I was told so I can't verify the authenticity of it...do you own "Due Dilligence".
The man who has been telling everybody that he's running against AmySue Vruwink was allegedly asked to leave the "Mayor's Breakfast" at Dairyfest. Apparently he was in a place that he wasn't supposed to be. I don't have any other details.
Mark Green, Repub for Governor had a table set up at the Mayor's Breakfast....didn't know you could do that...
Heard from two different sources the rumor that Alanna Feddick is running against AmySue also....I saw Alanna walking with Mark Green's "Green Team" and talked to her (about what good exercise it is to walk in a parade) afterwards but there were no overt signs that she was running....IOW she wasn't wearing a sign that said VOTE FOR ME!
Two of the Repubs wanting to run against Dave Obey were in the parade. The most organized was the guy from Superior who was a former staffer for The Heritage Foundation and an aid to a Republican Congressman. The other guy's "float" (if you could call it that) was most definitely "home grown" as was the campaign slogan, Time for a Change. (I suspect the slogan came from a Republican "Rent a Slogan" vendor)Republicans aren't generally known for their originality.
The people from FAIR had a great turnout. One of the participants I talked to said that they had about 21 people walking and handing out candy. LoLo said she had two people ask what the FAIR float was all about. Most people didn't have a clue.
Julie Lassa got a great response. I heard only one negative comment during the whole parade route. I didn't get any feedback on AmySue's response. Anybody know?
Just for fun:
My "spidey-sense" of the crowd was that they were looking to be entertained and to have fun. They didn't particularly want anything to make them think during the parade.
When are the Wisconsin Rapids and Pittsville parades coming up?
You know, I thought it might be a good idea if all the Wood County Dems who are participating in the parades could get-together somewhere after the parade......any thoughts?
e

3 comments:

LoLo said...

Thanks for posting, and for posting once again! Blogspot is a horrid pandemic! The walkers for Fair Wisconsin turned out in large numbers and with great enthusiasm. I didn't get to see most of the action--that's what goes down when you are IN the parade. However, I trust that all Democratic entries stirred up ample enthusiasm.

John D. said...

HI ED and Lolo........The Rapids parade is Sun. the 25th of June...we are registered and the info for lining up will come in the mail--I will let Norm know when I get it....There is a fireman's picnic out in Grand Rapids after the parade..music, drinks,kids games...that is an idea...John

LoLo said...

Hi, John, and thanks for the "heads up" on the Wisconsin Rapids parade. Norm is so faithful and enthusiastic in handling all the parade details. He deserves lots of credit.