Thursday, June 15, 2006

got...to...focus....focus....focus.....


There's so much going on it's hard to focus on one subject and deal with it thoroughly. I think that's a problem not for just me, but for almost all of us in the Democratic Party. Worse yet, each of us is either blessed or cursed (depending on your current situation) with this nasty little sphere called "personal life" which has a disturbing habit of interferring with our political or civic or recreational activities.

Accordingly it seems that each of us has had to choose one or two subjects (real masochists pick more!) and focus our attention and efforts on them. It is an efficient way of dealing with what we individually may see as our greatest priorities but it doesn't relieve us of the guilt for neglect of other issues we consider important.

Here's a catalogue (of sorts) of some of the things going on:

FAIR participation in parades in Rapids and Pittsville.

Tom O'Brien's group participating in the same parades.

Nomination papers for our candidates on State and National level (Dave Obey specifically)

Fund raising efforts for the party

A bit of a "food fight" brewing over the Platform and Resolutions process at the State Convention.

Gearing up for the November elections. (WDLB and WHFR gave AmySue's opponent a "freebie" telephone interview yesterday)

On the National scene:

KKKarl Rove is off the hook....
Ann Coulter is preaching her gospel of hate everywhere....
Bush is trying desperately to get a "bounce" out of Zarqwari's death.
Liebermann is in big trouble...may run as an independent.
Congress is debating the Iraq war AGAIN...Hillary and Kerry are arguing amongst themselves. (sigh)
"Net Neutrality" has everybody thoroughly confused.

Feel free to add anything I may have missed...I'm sure I missed a lot because ....as I said....I need to FOCUS

2 comments:

LoLo said...

As a participant in, or in some instances, only an observer of, 4 out of the 5 efforts mentioned above, "Ya got that right!" I am also still seeking canvassers for Fair... on 2 dates, evening of June 22 and midday of June 24. After last night's mega-fundraising mailing, Lolo is nodding over the keyboard and falling off her ergonomically-challenged desk chair!

Ed said...

I sympathize with you....I thought I would have the night off after 7 o'clock or so but the phone didn't quit ringing until after 9 PM...actually I had a wonderful conversation with one constituent and I'm glad I took the call.

e