Sunday, July 15, 2007

dammit, dammit, dammit,dammit.....

I've been involved a lot in local issues this week and completely missed this:



http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/07/10/ap3900191.html



Doug Marlette, a Pulitzer Prize Winning Political Cartoonist, and person I knew and watched grow up in my small home town, was killed in a car accident in Mississippi. He was only 57.



I'll remember the shy kid scribbling on a piece of paper...a kid we would probably call a nerd these days....I was three years ahead and as an upper classman, far too "important" to waste time on an underclassman. I wish I had known him better but I still took a great deal of pride in knowing that we were alumni of the same high school when I saw the brilliance of his political cartoons and saw him win the Pulitzer for this cartoon depicting the grief of the nation after the Challenger Accident.




RIP Doug.....you touched us in a very special way.

scribe

No comments: