Friday, June 30, 2006

Walkers Welcome!

Since July 4 is Independence Day, nothing is more fitting than to make a political statement, especially in the present "climate". I and several others are marching at noon on July 4 in the Pittsville Parade. Our group (Fair Wisconsin) is committed to defeating the ban on marriages and civil unions amendment on the November ballot in WI. We are meeting about 11:30 a.m. near the Lutheran Church as one approaches the town from the north. The walk will be fairly short (through downtown Pittsville) and the parade lasts about 1 hour. Please join us!

3 comments:

Ed said...

I'll be in the Parade walking for Julie Lassa (again)....I hear Big John is joining us along with Don Hasnhorl....

Anybody need a ride?

e

LoLo said...

Thanks, Ed, but I am riding over with Julie Tharp and others. We are carpooling to save a little energy. In my heart, I will also be marching with Norm, Julie, Ed, etc. I just need another pair of legs!

John D. said...

Yes--I will be there walking for Julie---did the Rapids parade as well--another pair of legs would come in handy!