Thursday, August 11, 2005

Musings

Greetings from Lolo:

I am a first time ever blogger so will keep this short until I get the hang of it.

My musings lately have been mostly about 2 subjects: The first is the Karl "Rovegate" affair. I, of course, would like to see him fired, but more importantly, I would like the media to again focus more on how the outing of Valerie Plame has actually changed her life and work, and how it affects not only our national security but also how the whole affair affects our trust in our administration and how it refllects on and relates to the Downing Memo and our trumped up reasons for going to war in Iraq. For several days, the media did an excellent job of reporting on this; however, I have seen little or nothing in the news lately about this subject.

The second subject is the war itself. Not only are the insurgents becoming more numerous and more sophisticated in their use of weaponry and choice of victims, but also they are becoming so bold as to actually kidnap the mayor of Bagdad yesterday and replace him with a militant Shiite fundamentalist. I think it is time we put our energies into bringing a close this ill-conceived and terribly mismanaged preemtive war.

1 comment:

Scribe said...

I agree whole-heartedly. Welcome to the blog!