Thursday, March 27, 2008

News stew...



Okay...it's not very creative but it is appropriate.




Here's a mishmash of news and issues to comment on today:




Our friend, Tbogg, is fed up... he says:




But I am tired of the antics of Hillary Clinton and her campaign.



I even more tired on some of the Democratic leaning blogs that are totally and inexplicably in the bag for Clinton, and believe me, Obama was nowhere near my first choice. Or my second choice, for that matter. I can understand some people's (read: young peoples) passion for Obama, but Hillary Clintonphilia leaves me scratching my head.



I don't care about todays polls because they don't mean anything this early. The polls next week won't be any more illuminating.




I think we're all tired of the primaries by now.....make. it. stop....please.




Although via Digby, we learn that Naomi Klein (author of Shock Doctrine)thinks we're missing an opportunity. Here's a snippet:




Many argue otherwise. They say that if we want to end the war, we should simply pick a candidate who is not John McCain and help them win: We'll sort out the details after the Republicans are evicted from 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Some of the most prominent anti-war voices--from MoveOn.org to the magazine we write for, The Nation--have gone this route, throwing their weight behind the Obama campaign.



This is a serious strategic mistake. It is during a hotly contested campaign that anti-war forces have the power to actually sway U. S. policy. As soon as we pick sides, we relegate ourselves to mere cheerleaders.




On the local level...Dave wants to remind us about the Caucaus...he writes:




Also, our county caucus will be Sunday, April 6 at Legion Hall in Pittsville. Doors will open at noon and the event is scheduled to start at 2p.m. sharp (those arriving after 2p.m. by rule can not participate). This is the first step of the two step process I discussed last month that will determine our Seventh CD delegates to the Democratic National Convention in Denver next summer. I'm not running this year, but we do have county party candidates hoping to get to Denver. We hope to have Wood County again represented at the national convention.


Another message from Dave.........apparently.......



On an even MORE local level. I haven't talked to my friends in Rapids yet but the local politics here are getting really nasty.....it's hard not to take sides because the two sides have been so radically polarized.




Oh yeah, the Smoking Ban proponents in Marshfield got a boost yesterday from EAU CLAIRE. The City Council in Eau Claire voted 7-4 for a complete indoor smoking ban. I'm guessing it will go to a referendum.










No comments: